Sunday, 8 August 2010

Are you losing Faith?

I was going through some videos on youtube and I found this. I think I found where so much of CCP's effort has gone. As well as working on Incarna they have been working very hard on their new project, World of Darkness. I'm sure we would all like them to focus entirely on eve but you have to remember that they are a company who enjoys doing new things and WoD already has a large existing fan-base (personally I think that is some of the best character animation I have ever seen and gives me a lot of hope for Incarna if they use the same engine).

The recent post from Helicity Boson about how he is having trouble finding the motivation to continue playing eve due to CCP's apparent disinterest in polishing up existing features and determination to bring in new content has sparked some interesting comments. Personally I think that CCP is among the best game developers in the world, right up there with Valve and BioWare and I will continue to play unless they do something really diabolical.  The best thing I can think of to do to get CCP to listen to players is to back the CSM and make sure CCP knows that they have the player's support. The amazing work and sheer amount of effort put in by the members of the CSM is inspirational and encourages me in thinking that players can make a difference to the game and hopefully make it better.

A brilliant blog post to this effect is Letrange's post Nerd Rage and i totally agree with everything he has said.

(Thats enough politics for now, and yes,I know I said I would be keeping out of the politics side of eve. Now on to more important things.)

The most interesting thing to happen to me this week is the war dec from The Orphanage. They are a hi-sec gank alliance who spend there time sat in jita and other hubs, killing people in sensor boosted bs fleets. Apparently they have decced half of the large 0.0 alliances in the game, including: HYDRA RELOADED, GoonSwarm Federation, Test Alliance Please Ignore, Daisho Syndicate, SOLAR FLEET, Green Alliance and CVA among others, and are catching them as they move up into hi-sec to buy things. One thing we quickly noticed was that they are not afraid to put some very expensive ships into combat as shown by this kill where they have brought a vindicator, a cynabal, a tengu and a loki just to kill a dominix.

Unfortunately there have been a few stupid mistakes made by some people including the 22billion isk kestrel which had most of us confused as to why in hell they decided to undock in jita with 74 plex in their cargo. Oh well, goodbye 6 years of eve. However its not all doom and gloom as in 0.0 we have successfully completed a major push against the SC. It did (unsurprisingly) cause eve to temporarily implode as the sever decided it couldn't handle the strain of the fleets (sorry everyone who got disconnected).

I found Wensley's post on how to deal with armour HAC gangs and decided that Agony Empire definitely have the right idea. Instant damage to prevent remote repair and a good element of surprise. For anyone who hasn't seen the video yet you can see it here at Wensley's blog Rifter Drifter. In a kind of response to this I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with my most common problem, cloaky force recons waiting to hot-drop a black-ops on me. If you know how to deal with them pls feel free to comment.

Thats all for now,

Fly Safe

2 comments:

  1. Free of politics? suure :P
    Perfectly pointed out..

    The plex story is tragicly funny!

    I'll keep reading, hf, fs, gl...

    Exedus Omni, ROWLA Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. \o/ thanks exedus.

    I hope you continue to read and enjoy my stuff :)

    ReplyDelete