Saturday, 7 August 2010

Introductions

Hello, my name is Shota Cypher and for reasons I haven't entirely remembered I have decided to start an Eve blog.

I was first introduced to blogging by that inevitable gateway that all players find themselves in at some point, CrazyKinux's blog. I began to spend a large amount of my time going through the huge numbers of blogs about eve until I found a few I liked the best, and since then began following them avidly.

After a few months of reading all these other blogs (a few include Mynxee's unbeatable Life in Low Sec, Maeve Trinity's relaxed and hilarious Wench with a Wrench and Nashh Kadavr's enthralling CMD series in Nashh's Ramblings) I eventually got the idea that I should start my own, because I enjoy telling people about my exploits (not that I've had many) and hopefully people are interested in hearing what I have to say.

I aim to keep my blog free of all the 'Politics' that has taken over many blogs recently as I feel that other people are doing a better job than I ever could on that subject. As for what I am actually going to blog about is something I have been agonizing over for a few weeks now. Obviously I would love to come up with some novel idea that has never been done before but its proving hard to find one, all you other bloggers seem to have already done them all.

The blog is going to be split into the weekly/fortnightly/monthly update (I haven't decided yet) along with anything I think is suitably interesting. Also included will be funny pictures and screenshots of my eve escapades.

My long term aim is pirating. The yarr seems a fun way to keep thing interesting. For now though I am happy being in 0.0 with my alliance. We are active members of the NC and have been lucky enough to have been placed in one of the more pvp heavy areas in the giant conflict between the NC and the SC.

"If SC are a Hammer and NC an Anvil, does that make us a lump of metal?"

However the current offensive actions of the SC are not what I had been led to expect. No epic battles for these guys, just a cloaky force recon pilot hot-dropping Black ops on loan pilots. Unfortunately my destroyer is not the pvp monster I had envisioned and I think I may have gone all starry eyed over its 8 turret slots. Most of my current (low) skillpoints are in gunnery, mechanic and engineering, leaving my spaceship command skills rather lower than I would like. I'm sure it will pay of later though.

This does mean I have got involved in less pvp than I would have liked to (not helped by the disturbing lack of reds) but I'm sure things will pick up. Also getting hot-dropped and killed repeatedly is not high on my To Do list.

Anyway, the alliance has been great in helping me get settled in and made it fun as well (shout-out to trigger and the guys) so I am looking forward to getting in on some good fleet action with them.

That is all for now and I will continue to post as things happen or when I find something interesting to talk about.

Fly Safe!

Ps: I know I use too many brackets

No comments:

Post a Comment