Wednesday, 25 August 2010

First Blood

I got my first kill last night. I was scanning in Emolgranlan, to see if I could clear up any wrecks making the space lanes more hazardous for us all. Then the notice went up in corp,


BM Dublyoo > hehe, epic battle
BM Dublyoo > lvl4 mission drake vs my rifter
BM Dublyoo > i'm winning i thik
BM Dublyoo > think*

I decided I would go along and see if I could get on the KillMail, as it would be the first time I had actually fought a battlecruiser.


BM Dublyoo > anyone near illin?
Shota Cypher > 5 jumps BM
BM Dublyoo > if you're bored you can watch me slooooooooowly fight this drake lol
Shota Cypher > lol
Shota Cypher > maybe in a min
Shota Cypher > could i help?
BM Dublyoo > you can pick up a rr mod and see if you get targetd and aggressed
BM Dublyoo > may get on a km
Shota Cypher > kk cool
BM Dublyoo > it can just be any small rr mod
BM Dublyoo > so you get red to the guy
Shota Cypher > right
Shota Cypher > how far through his shields are you?
BM Dublyoo > oh, barely any
Shota Cypher > kk :)

I was pretty sure I could get an rr mod and go 5 jumps before the drake broke. So collecting my slicer I fitted  a small remote armour repairer and started out. By the time I arrived the drake pilot was starting to get bored. He couldn't break BM's rifter and the rifter didn't have enough damage to break him.


Fluxtaur > wanna call this quits? I'm getting kinda bored now
BM Dublyoo > what? no way

I got a fleet invite from BM and warped to him, afterburned though the first room and activated the acceleration gate. As I came out of the warp I could see the missile flashes as the drake fired upon BM. Flying towards them I moved into range of the rr mod and activated it on BM. Seconds later the drake locked me up and then turned flashy red, his missiles hitting my slicer.

I pulled range, pointed him,  locked on and opened fire. I love the slicer, its bonuses mean that with frigate level 4 I do the same amount of damage with 2 guns as I would with 4. Even with two of us now shooting him his shields were holding at about 80%, our frigates simply did not have the damage to kill him. However there was another person in our fleet,


Asura Kinkaid > im in a cruiser but no ab
Asura Kinkaid > i hope you can hold on while i crawl there

Asura was flying an exequror, the tech one version of the oneiros logistics cruiser. His aim was to do the same thing I had. Using rr mods he would turn flashy to the drake pilot then get himself shot, then warp out and get a gank ship,


Asura Kinkaid > im locked :)
Asura Kinkaid > aggro
Asura Kinkaid > bringing gank

At this point I began to run out of cap, the downside of lasers being they need cap to keep firing. Along with my afterburner, warp disruptor and repper they were beginning to drain my capacitor quite badly and I would have to turn something off or warp out.

In the end I warped out. BM had the drake locked down so he wasnt going anywhere. Without the cap to run my afterburner the missiles had really started to hurt and the repper couldn't keep up. I warped back once my cap had recharged and my armour had been repaired. Upon arriving at the first gate I was met by a welcome sight,


Shota Cypher > ooo nice lol
Shota Cypher > i love that ship
Asura Kinkaid > my fav :)

Asura was now sitting in an Abbadon. This powerful Amarr battleship was probably a little extravagant against a drake, but as they say, 'There is no such thing as overkill'. We went through the gate and moved to the next one, myself considerably faster that Asura, so I waited for him to get in range of the gate,

Shota Cypher > lets go in together, give him a surprise lol

We entered together and, as soon as we were in our respective ranges, opened fire. The drake could not stand up to the battleship, but still took quite some killing, his shields recharge was incredible. Soon after we returned to the battle he was destroyed.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=11174634

We exchanged good fights in local and moved on. A great fight and I hope to be doing it solo soon :)

Edit: After putting his fit into EFT I discovered that, with all level 5 skills, he would have had a 799 dps omni-damage tank and against my lasers 644 dps. I doubt he had all level 5 skills but even so it was a very impressive tank, and there is no way we could have killed him without Asura.

for now,
Fly Safe

4 comments:

  1. 644 DPS from a Slicer? You sure? (If yes, PLEASE POST THE FITTING! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, What I meant was he could tank 644 dps against my lasers em/thermal damage. I wish I could get 644 dps in a Slicer, but with my skills I have trouble getting 100 dps lol

    Fly Safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grats on the kill!! I've added your blog to my site's ninja links. Good read, your blog!

    ReplyDelete